Otherwise known as... Running Ragged...
This week, I have had... the Schedule of Insanity.
Sunday-- (And so it begins...)
10 a.m.-- Breakfast with Joe, my lovable ex-boyfriend who has become my dear friend.
1:30 p.m.-- Salsa practice in my home with Dr. Dance.
4:00 p.m.-- Salsa social in the Biggish City near My Small Town.
8:00 p.m.-- Get home, write post, go to bed too late.
Monday
5:30-- Get up. (Legs sore from evening before.)
7:00-4:00. Work at My Small Town High School.
4:45-- My School District Boot Camp.
6:00-- Cold shower, relaxation time, go to bed at a fairly reasonable hour. Sleep all night. (That never happens!)
Tuesday
5:30-- Get up feeling very well rested.
7:00-4:00. Work at My Small Town High School.
4:30-- Run 2 miles at My Small Town lakefront.
5:00-- Lovely cold shower followed by beauty routine.
6:30-- Test up at Salsa Heat.
7:00-- Take salsa lesson.
8:30-- Get home, write post, relax. Go to bed too late... AGAIN.
Wednesday (I think I can, I think I can...)
5:30-- Get up.
7:00-4:00-- Work at My Small Town High School.
4:45-5:45-- My School District Boot Camp. (Too many push-ups!!!)
6:00-- Lovely cold shower once again followed by beauty routine.
7:00-- Salsa Heat. Watch Beginner Two lesson. Chat up cute, strong guy who works with scary, incarcerated men. Guys that look like him don't go out with girls that look like me, but it was fun to chat. And later, dance.
8:15-9:15 Take first Intermediate 1 lesson. Loved it. (It's salsa-- what's not to love?!)
9:30-- Get home, (too late to write), go to bed too late... again.
Thursday (Will this week ever end???)
5:30-- Get up.
7:00-4:00-- Work at My Small Town High School. (Get flu shot at 2:30. Arm still hurts.)
4:20-4:50-- Run 2.5 miles at My Small Town lakefront.
5:00-- Lovely cold shower followed by half of beauty routine.
5:30-- Hair appointment.
6:15-- Publix trip, followed by feasting on California sushi rolls. (Thank-you Publix for having wonderful sushi!)
7:00-- Relaxation time. Planning to get to sleep well before 9:30. Can't wait.
Saturday morning I'm planning to swim just over a half mile in open water. Saturday evening I'll be dancing salsa until the wee hours of the morning. Sunday will find me lunching at Seasons 52 with my parents and Joe to celebrate my birthday. (I love birthdays!!!) At some point this weekend I'll be running 3 miles. Then next week the Schedule of Insanity begins again, although without the Tuesday night lesson... maybe that will make the difference. I do, however, have the added challenges of preparing a presentation for My School District School Counselors on the use of technology to enhance a comprehensive guidance program and catching a flight to Boston next Thursday to spend three wonderful days in my favorite New England destination with my two favorite women who are happily married... to each other.
I don't know how people with kids in football, and cheerleading, and gymnastics, and soccer do it. I am exhausted. In three weeks boot camp will be finished and I can focus on training for the half-marathon. I know myself-- I have to slow down otherwise I'll crash and burn.
We can't let that happen.
The Schedule of Insanity, while fun and exciting, is not conducive to a completely healthy lifestyle. Shortchanging sleep ends in one result and one result only. A tired Jen is a grumpy Jen. And then.. a sick Jen. I haven't quite reached the grumpy stage, but I am definitely feeling the lack of downtime in this fast-paced life.
Recognition is definitely a step in the right direction. Here's to stepping... forward... in whichever lane I choose.
Addendum: The author welcomes suggestions for slowing down and yet continuing to have a fun, exciting life. The author was told recently... You need a boyfriend! She sorely wishes that she had followed up that observation with... Got anybody in particular in mind?
Firstly, two of your coworker's arms still hurt from the flushot :(
ReplyDeleteSecondly, fearless women do not NEED a boyfriend.. the potential guys NEED you.. dont EVER forget that...
Okay, fearless Little One with Biting Wit and Lovely Hair. You are right-- I have many worthy and lovable qualities and incredibly happy in my present single state. That said, a permanent someone to smooch on and eventually make a life together with would, while not necessary, be... quite wonderful. In the meantime, I will dance on! :-)
ReplyDelete