Otherwise known as... Looking Cute and Being Fun...
A week ago I was practicing salsa with Dr. Dance, doing a move over and over again that required me to pivot on my left foot. It was a move I was unfamiliar with, and I did it wrong, and... I kind of twisted my ankle. I didn't realize it at the time, but I started feeling pain that night, and it continued into the next day. I iced my ankle for two days, and it felt better.
I went to class Wednesday night.
The bothersome ankle was throbbing again on Thursday morning. I skipped my training runs all week in order to rest the ankle, but I couldn't stop dancing. It's just too much fun!!!
I went to class again on Friday night, and Dr. Dance came over this afternoon for our weekly practice. I hadn't told him about my ankle. We started practicing the same move that got me into trouble in the first place, and I was forced to come clean.
Dr. Dance, last week, I kind of twisted my ankle when we were practicing.
You twisted it or you sprained it? Are you in PAIN?
Well-- it's hurts, a little bit.
We kept practicing but we stopped doing the move that put pressure on my ankle. I really enjoy our practice sessions. Today I worked a bit more on my styling-- putting my hands in the air and other places that looked a bit sexy.
Just a tiny little bit... I am still working on not looking like a fool when I do my styling. But I figure I'll never get to where I'm supposed to be unless I practice.
After about 90 minutes, we went to dinner at Crabby Bill's. I was bemoaning my latest romantic misadventure when Dr. Danced revealed something insightful. Jen, you are cute, and fun, but you can be a little intense. Just RELAX. It'll happen.
I am aware that I am intense in other areas of my life-- particularly work. Intensity is caused by my dreaded Inner Overachiever, whom I introduced readers to a couple of weeks ago. We drifted through other topics when our food came to the table. Dr. Dance ordered the snow crab so it took him a LONG TIME to eat, but it was Sunday evening and I didn't have anywhere else to be. We talked Christmas, religion, and the upcoming workweek.
On the way home I couldn't stand it any longer. Dr. Dance, what does "less intense" look like?
You're doing it again?! Jen, look at me, I'm relaxed. Right now you are not looking less intense. Just stop focusing on it.
Ok. Got it. You know, the feeling comes and goes, and it's particularly strong right now, probably because of the holidays.
We got out of my car, and hugged. It was a good hug, too. Jen, you just keep being cute and fun. He WILL find you.
Okay. Drive safe. And with that, he was gone. Next Sunday will find me at the Salsa Heat social in its East Orlando location. Dr. Dance will be working. I'll miss my dance partner, but I'll be out on the floor, looking cute... and being fun.
Addendum: The author is aware of the maxim that states that when people stop looking that's when they actually find someone. Much, much easier said than done. Although truly content with her life, the author is ready... to be found.
No comments:
Post a Comment