Otherwise known is... Earning a Little Down Time...
Today I think I created a new personal best in terms of the number of students seen in a day. I can't believe it's true, but it is. Today I gave FCAT retake results to 46 students, and saw one other student for another matter entirely. The truly unbelievable piece to this number is that I did it in five periods!!! The other two periods I assisted our college and career specialist with two classes of students applying for my state's scholarship program for high-achieving, hard-working students.
I talked all... day... long.
I am so tired of my own voice.
Who really cares about what I have to say, anyway?
And yet here I am, blogging.
This afternoon I had a dentist appointment, which forced me to shut my blabbing mouth. (Well, actually, it forced me to keep it wide open, but I couldn't talk!!!) It was nice getting a good cleaning, and also confirmation that I have TMJ, which is probably a result of the stress I put on myself, as described in Hating the Inner-Overachiever. My dentist referred me to a specialist, who I am hoping to see over the Christmas break in December. The pain isn't unbearable, it's just kind of... there.
Life goes on.
Last night I used the very last punch on my second card of ten lessons at Salsa Heat. I told the receptionist that I'll buy a new card when I go to my next lesson. A wonderful, scary thing happened during last night's lesson. I felt confident. I felt like I knew what I was doing. I felt the way I felt during my last couple of sessions of Beginner 2.
Can it really be?
I don't really want to move up... I still feel like my moves could be tightened, especially my steps backward when coming out of a turn... much too big. That said, I almost feel ready.
What a cool feeling, and scary at the same time, because I know that I'll be moving back among the sharks, just trying to keep up.
Speaking of which, tomorrow night I'll be on a date at Leu Gardens, enjoying a lovely picnic, perhaps inducing a wee bit of body heat to keep warm in the cold night air. We'll be watching the final Harry Potter movie, which I saw this past summer, and am looking forward to seeing again, since it was so well done. Something tells me good old HP won't be the only thing magical about the evening...
For now though, it's time to put my feet up and enjoy a little down time. I think I've earned it.
No comments:
Post a Comment