Otherwise known as... Having a Secret, or At Least Shopping in a Store Named After One
A couple of weeks ago I was at the mall picking up something from The Body Shop, when I was persuaded to purchase a reusable bag for $5, which included a pack of six coupons that I could redeem for a surprise secret item each week for six weeks. Nice, right? The first week alone I was given a full-sized vanilla body butter that was worth $18. Not bad!
The caveat is having to make a trek to the mall each week during the busiest shopping season of the year. Last week I stopped by the mall on my way home from Georgia, but this week I had no choice but to make a special trip. I called my good friend Jess, who complains when she hears that I've been to the mall without her (Jen, you're supposed to take me with you!!!), to see if she might be interested in joining me in my Body Shop-crowding fighting quest.
Not only was she interested, her boyfriend (my favorite strong Puerto Rican man) wanted to join us. What kind of man asks to come to the mall with two girlfriends?
In a word, Julio. Which is probably why my friend Cheddar bestows his best male descriptor on Julio. Jen, he's a dude!
All things dude-esque (dare I say dudical? Remember that???!!!) are most important to Cheddar. But, I digress.
The three of us went to the mall, claimed my free Body Shop item, were given samples of tea and Godiva chocolate, and even went by Victoria's Secret, where I procured a few... unmentionables.
There are few things that make a girl feel better than brand-new, adorable underthings. Not that I needed help feeling better-- these days I'm feeling pretty good!-- but I definitely felt like indulging in a bit of a splurge in the form of simple cotton loveliness. The best part is, no one will know when I am wearing my new favorite unmentionables but me.
I kind of like having a secret. Don't you?
that's a big difference between men and women. We typically DESPISE having to buy new undergarments, and usually aren't happy with any of them until they're threadbare, with seams falling out and a random tear or two in the slowly disintegrating cloth.
ReplyDeleteAnd then our mothers or wives try to throw them out, just when they're finally getting comfortable!!!
Threadbare undies? Decidedly unsexy, Mark. But I guess if you are training to be a priest, that would be the appropriate fashion DO. For the rest of us (at least us female types) they are a fashion DON'T. :-)
ReplyDelete