Otherwise known as... Who Needs Batteries?
This morning started with a rude awakening by Aiko-chan the Alarm Kitty. She started attempting to wake me up around 5 a.m., which is about when I begin my day during the work week. She meowed. She pawed me in the face. I covered my head with my pillow. She continued her assault.
I retaliated by pushing her off the bed... and fell back asleep.
About an hour later my attacker returned. MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!! (In kitty-speak that means Mommy, WAKE UP!!!!) I could hear the pool's waterfall outside my window, which meant that it was at least 6:30. I went to bed at 11 last night... I could live with getting up at 6:30 during my vacation. The Alarm Kitty turned into Motor Kitty as I rubbed her belly and scratched her face.
I know... I was only encouraging future Alarm Kitty onslaughts.
After a sufficient amount of time, I ceased the owner-kitty lovefest, and began to check my email. A few minutes later Linette replied to a text I had sent her about last night's salsa class. I texted back, and Linette replied, What are you doing up this early on your break?
Hey... at least I never have to worry about being late for work if my alarm clock runs out of batteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment