Otherwise known as Gaining New Vocabulary...
Friday evening I was driving home from visiting Dad in the hospital when I got a text from Great Dancing Argentinian, whom I wrote about a couple of weeks ago in Making the First Move. We had had a really great first date and then kind of stalled out, as sometimes happens. How are you Jen? Did you know there is a social in Kissimmee tonight?
No! Really?
Yeah-- somebody told me last night. This month the Big Social, the night when everyone from all of the different Salsa Heat locations converges into one location for an evening of salsa revelry, is on the same night as what would have been the Kissimmee location's monthly social due to Christmas, so they moved their date. I hadn't been to class this past week because I was resting my aging ankle, twisted from too many 3/4 turns while practicing in my living room with Dr. Dance, so I hadn't heard about the social.
My half-marathon is three weeks away from this Saturday. I have to have priorities.
We went back and forth, texting coquettishly. Finally we agreed to meet for dinner before the social at Abuelo's at the Large Outdoor Mall in the Bigger Town near My Small Town. Dinner led to coffee, coffee led to smooching (hooray for smooching!), which led to seeing each other again yesterday for a late lunch at Pei Wei and a screening of New Year's Eve, the latest movie that is trying to be the next Love Actually. It was cute... but Love Actually reigns supreme in the genre of cute romantic comedies with lots of little stories that tie into one great movie.
After the movie we went to Panera for coffee and did a bit of shopping.
It's official. I have a real, live boyfriend. He is sweet and funny and wonderful... and leaving in a couple of weeks to spend the holidays with his parents in Argentina. I plan on making the most of our time together before his trip. It's nice having a hand to hold... and all the other good bits that make being half of a couple so much fun.
Friday night I had secured a spot right in front of Abuelo's. As we walked to my car, I told GDA, Tonight I got a rock star parking spot!
Rock star? What is rock star parking?
You know, it's a super close spot, like one a rock star would have.
Oh, okay. I get it.
Yesterday, we parked in a great spot right in front of the movie theater. Rock star parking!
Great use of new vocabulary, Honey.
We never made it to the salsa social on Friday night. And you know, I don't think we missed a thing.
This should make the holidays more joyful . . . good luck and may the relationship prove to be everything you are looking for . . .
ReplyDeleteBarb
Thanks, Barb! :-)
ReplyDelete