Otherwise known as... Waiting to be Single Girl... Healed
I knew I shouldn't have practiced with Dr. Dance yesterday evening, but I did it anyway.
Today, I iced my ankle while at work, and have kept it elevated all day. And when I didn't...
I hobbled. When I walk I look really, truly pitiful.
I emailed our sports trainer at work, who told me to get a brace, take Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, and stretch as much as is comfortable. I really don't like this. Doesn't my ankle know I have better things to do?
Last week, I didn't run, but I did continue to dance salsa. I can't help it-- I'm addicted to the twirling, the exhilaration, the music! This week... I'm going into my own private rehab-- I can't do anything except be very, very kind to my ankle until the weekend. Sigh. I don't think my addiction is so very bad, but the afflicted ankle needs a rest.
Sometimes it is difficult to do the right thing. In the end, though, doing the right thing (while sometimes inconvenient) can spare us additional pain and suffering.
Prophetic sentence, don't you think?
I hope one more week will do the trick, because I can't wait to run. I won't run, however, until I am Single Girl... healed.
I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment