Otherwise known as A Good Day Spent in the Slow Lane...
Today is another one of those rare days where I haven't made any plans for myself. It actually feels really, really good. I am basking in the afterglow of a fabulous second date... Dexter's for brunch, followed by a walk around Lake Eola, followed by The Guard-- a fantastic Irish film-- at the Plaza Theater downtown. A little excellent smooch-arama... and I was home by 11, happy but exhausted from a great day out with a great guy. More details most likely to come, but I'm not quite ready to share yet... don't want jinx what has potential to be a really good thing.
I didn't realize until today that I've been out five out of the past seven nights. Dance classing, happy houring, Friday night dining, movie viewing, second dating... and writing every step of the way, not to mention doing my actual job. Since when did I join life in the fast lane?
This morning Chuck made coffee, and I filled him in on yesterday's fun while sitting across the breakfast table. After coffee, I moved to the couch and read the latest issue of Real Simple. Today is the first day in I don't know how long that my face is devoid of all makeup. It has been a slow day of reading, watching Chopped and Criminal Minds, drinking hot green tea, and doing the little bit of work that I brought home with me this weekend.
It is, after all, Labor Day.
I didn't realize it, but today has been a good opportunity for serious necessary downtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment