Friday, September 9, 2011

Not Guilty, Your Honor

Otherwise known as The Day I Went a Bit Too Fast on the 417...

I went to lunch today with two of my colleagues as well as several former colleagues of theirs from Orange County.  We went to First Watch, a great little restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch with fresh ingredients and nice selection of healthy dishes.  The server came to the table right after I arrived, so I felt the pressure to choose quickly.  The first item that caught my eye was an omelet called The Baconado, which, as you would imagine, contained cheese, bacon, and avocado.  I really wanted it.

Bad.

However, I have been fortunate to lose about 15 pounds over the past two years... and I really like being fifteen pounds thinner... so I don't often allow myself to indulge in omelets containing bacon and avocado and yummy cheddar cheese.  As such, I passed on The Baconado.  An item at the bottom left corner of the menu, however, did catch my eye, and I gleefully gave my order.   

Not Guilty, Your Honor. 

Not Guilty was a whole wheat wrap with feta cheese, roasted red pepper, cucumber, accompanied by roasted home fries (I realize this is an oxymoron but I don't know how else to describe them), a side of creamy hummus and a delicious side salad with more cucumber, tomatoes, baby greens, and poppy seed dressing.  I seasoned the potatoes with a bit of hot sauce and ate them with ketchup.  They were okay.  It was not the most gratifying dish I've ever consumed, but it was a nice, light lunch. 

The best part was meeting the women who mean so much to my team. I also loved when the food runner came to the table and asked, Who's Not Guilty?
   
Me!  

I laughed.  Just this morning I had come dangerously close to getting a speeding ticket as I raced to get to the training that I was attending at UCF on time after spending just a wee bit too long lingering over coffee at the breakfast table.  I am extremely fortunate that although I was going at least ten miles per hour over the speed limit when I passed the motorcycle cop in the middle of the median on the 417... he didn't pull me over.  It was rush hour.  That might've had something to do with it.

If I'd been pulled over, I most definitely would have accepted the consequence of a ticket.  I would not have said... Not Guilty, Your Honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment