Otherwise known as... The Day I Didn't Get a Pedicure...
I left home this morning with sandals in my car and a bottle of my favorite nail polish in my purse. I had every intention of getting a pedicure after work. After all, yesterday I worked a 10 1/2 hour day... surely today would be a bit shorter. SURELY!!! (Insert Vincent Price's most evil laugh here.)
Long story short, it was an eleven hour day, and I loved every minute of it. Really... this is the time of year when I meet with each and every one of my students, determining their core courses, reviewing their elective course selections for next year,and either cheering them on if they're doing everything right, or have that all-important come to Jesus meeting right then and there if they're in need of a bit of direction about the rest of their time here at My Small Town High School and beyond.
I didn't make it to the nail shop, but I did something infinitely more important. You don't get to be counselor of the year without being at least a little bit extraordinary, right?
For tonight's post, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite posts since I started writing Single Girl in a Small Town.
Channeling My Inner Katie Couric is about a certain medical procedure I underwent last summer, mainly because Dad was undergoing treatment for colorectal cancer. I think it's one of my funniest posts, and really, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Continuing my medical theme, Franken-Jen is about the day I had my bandage removed after my skin cancer surgery last summer.
Jumping Into the Deep End brilliantly blends all the good things that were happening in September-- my fun friendship with Linette, salsa, and our training swims. An added bonus: The day described in this post is the day I met my boyfriend, Great Dancing Argentinian, at the social held that evening at Salsa Heat.
From September through the beginning of November, I wrote weekly updates on my workout experiences at My School District Employee Boot Camp. Back to Bootcamp, Part 6, is the last in that series. I'll be starting camp again next month, and my body (I would tell you specific body parts, but trust me, you don't really want to know!) can't hardly wait.
Making the First Move is about my first date with GDA. Now, faithful readers know it wasn't all that smooth after the first date, but we've settled into comfortable couplehood. He's met most of my friends... I've met a few of his, we spend mushy-- and not-so-mushy-- weekends together. It's nice to re-read this post and remember that night. Things seemed so much simpler then.
There are many more favorites to share... but I think that's enough for now. Peace to you, readers, and thanks for sticking with me through good times and bad. Maybe my toenails are a bit chipped, but the rest of me is keeping it together, one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment