Sunday, February 5, 2012

He's Sexy and He Knows It...

Otherwise known as... The Post a Long Time Comin'

A friend snapped the above photo of GDA and I last night at a friend's 60th birthday celebration, and posted the picture on Facebook.  (Let the record reflect that as my designated driver for the evening, GDA kept his red Solo Cup filled with Coke.)  This morning a variety of responses were waiting for me when I logged onto my favorite social media site. 

My friend G. stated that it appeared I was with Antonio Banderas.  Grrreeeeeatttttt.  GDA actually knows the number of times people have compared him to the sexiest Spaniard alive.  (I know-- inquiring readers want to know... it's 5.)  Every time he's told this his head gets just a little bit bigger.  Of course, I tell him he looks better than Antonio Banderas. 

This morning while driving over to GDA's friend's house for breakfast, I was on the phone with my mother, checking in with her about how her own evening went.  Mom told me she too had seen the picture, and that we looked great.  GDA's reply?  Yes I DO!  He laughed.  I cracked up and poked him in the gut. 

I don't know how we got your head into my car.

When we got to Sonia's house, who teaches English to non-native speakers in Tangerine County (who is also Argentinian-born), I relayed this story to her.  GDA, do you know what modesty is?  I think "modesty" is the word you will learn today.

Do you know the song I'm Sexy and I Know It?  This is currently the soundtrack of GDA's life.  He even texts me when it comes on the radio.  Not all the time, mind you, but on occasion.  (Perhaps when he's bored... or maybe it's when he wants to remind me of him and his sexiness, as if I could forget!!!)  It is GDA's sense of humor that I enjoy most about him.  I have been contemplating this post for quite a while, but held off for just the right time. 

I think today is it.  GDA is kind and thoughtful and has many positive attributes that I'm sure will come to light as I continue to post.  Today, though, he's sexy and he knows it... and I wouldn't have him any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment