Otherwise known as... Taking One for the Team
A few weeks ago I talked about the role of compromise in a relationship, as GDA and I went to see the latest installment in the Underworld franchise rather than The Artist (which we saw last week). GDA has been dying to see Safe House. Every time the trailer comes on, he looks at me and pines, That looks like a nice movie.
We were planning to go to Universal today. The weather had other ideas... although to be truthful, it wasn't as ugly out there as we thought it would be, but at 11 a.m. we were still happily in our pajamas. Me, writing Single, and GDA studying English grammar, both at our laptops sitting across the breakfast table from one another.
We are a couple of the new millenium.
Last night when we checked the weather we decided it would be a great day to go to the movies to see what else? Safe House! I paid $9 earlier this week on Groupon for a pair of tickets to the Cobb Plaza Theater downtown-- one of my favorite theaters-- so it was like going to the movies for free!
As we stepped up to the box office I told the attendant what movie we were seeing and that I had a Groupon. I quipped, It's his turn. We saw The Artist last week.
You're taking one for the team!
Yes... that's right.
Safe House was violent, as I expected, but quite entertaining. With Denzel and Ryan Reynolds, how can you go wrong?
Tonight we're on the couch watching the Oscars. No doubt The Artist will sweep as it did at the Golden Globes. My great-grandfather is on my mind tonight-- he made silent movies in Hollywood and worked on the first movie to ever win Best Picture. He passed on long before I was born, but I still feel an incredible sense of family history when I watch the Oscars.
Gotta run, Billy Crystal's on!
No comments:
Post a Comment