Otherwise known as the Lounge Kitty...
While I was away in Boston a few weeks ago, my roommate Chuck started opening up the sliding glass door which leads out to the pool. Naturally, Aiko-chan's curiosity got the best of her (she is a cat, after all!) and she started wandering outside. At first, quite skittishly, but now, she hangs out around the pool like she owns the place. She's a sexy little lounge kitty.
A happy bonus for her is that she is now free to torture the lizards that would prance in front of her as she gazed out the windows. Let it be known that in general I am against the torture of lizards (and all other creatures great and small), but cats chasing lizards is simply part of the naturally order of life.
I accept that.
Aiko brought her first trophy into the house last week. I showed it to Chuck, and he took care of it. I don't consider myself very "girlie" about many things, but I gladly leave the picking up of dead roaches and lizards to the man of the house. Poor little dead lizard.
Today I knew that something was amiss when I saw the tail in the middle of the living room floor. It was at least seven inches long. Baby lizards don't have tails that long! I walked into my room, jumped, and emitted some kind of primal fearful screech. Yep... you guessed it. Another dead lizard.
In my bedroom.
This lizard is huge. It's the size of Godzilla, I tell you! And Aiko-chan didn't even have the courtesy to place the lizard in a normal dead position, like on its back, or side, or something! NO! It appears to look very much alive and in some kind of pouncing stance, like it's looking at a giant ant, awaiting just the right moment to strike.
Chuck is out working on his RV, and I am about to ready myself to go to salsa class. The dead lizard will wait. Unless Aiko carries it to another location.
I could really do without such barbaric trophies, but I know that she brought in such an offering because she loves me. I love her too.
I just don't love sharing my room with a huge, dead lizard. Poor dead over-sized lizard. With Aiko around, he didn't have a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment