Otherwise known as...The Night I Experienced a Little Bit of Writer's Block!
For some reason, my stories are failing me tonight.... It might be because I spent the day learning about how to respond to potentially suicidal students and cutters. The training lasted from 7:30 to 3:30 with a 90 minute break for lunch, and I suspect it drained every ounce of creativity from my brain.
Hopefully it will last a mere twenty-four hours, but I'm going to take this opportunity to talk a little bit about the blog itself. In the past six weeks, Single has had close to 2500 hits. I think that's amazing! The vast majority are my Facebook friends in America, Guam, Canada, and the Bahamas, but there are also readers in Germany, China, Russia, and the U.K. It's been googled 22 times, and the most popular post by far, which has been viewed 109 times, is The Dogs Kissed Me First. I ordered business cards on Friday so that I can easier spread the word when I'm telling folks about the blog (nurses, friends at work, folks at the bank... ). This has been a tremendously fantastic outlet, and I look forward to sharing more of my history, and adventures with readers in the future. I don't care if it leads anywhere, it just feels good to write and be read!
An old friend from high school wrote to me last night and asked me how I could be so optimistic in the face of mammograms and skin cancer, but to that I say, How can I not be? Last year was the most difficult year of my life. If I could survive everything that was thrown at me in 2010, and come out smiling, then I can handle anything. It is so good to know that.
Musical sidebar-- Ray Lamontagne's You Are the Best Thing is playing on the radio... Someday I'm going to meet someone who sings this song to me-- or at least express its sentiment-- with his whole heart. I know he's out there. And he's worth the wait.
I learned today that my friend Robert's motto is, No pain... No pain.
I'll take the pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment