Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If You Are What You Eat...

Otherwise known as... Constancy is the Comfort

If you are what you eat, I would be a Publix organic spinach and feta pizza.  Sob.

Those who know me would be shocked and quite possibly dismayed by the amount of organic thin crust pizza that goes into my fairly trim body. 

There's always room for improvement.  (That's why I go to boot camp!)

I'm never going to look like I did when I was 23, and that's just fine.

Despite the fact that cooking is one of my favorite activities, cooking for one is just not the same.  Michael Pollan was on NPR last week, talking about people needing to get back to preparing their own food, rather than relying on prepackaged meals.  The interviewer told him that people say they don't have enough time to cook.

In the past ten years people have found time to surf the internet two hours a day.  You make time for what you value.

Ouch.  I don't spend two hours surfing the net, but I definitely stopped valuing spending time to make dinner for myself.  It's so much easier to walk in, hit turn the oven on, and twenty minutes later, voila!  Dinner is served!  And so I am an organic spinach and feta pizza.  It's got vegetable, dairy, carbs, a little protein.... and it's so good, particularly sprinkled with hot pepper flakes! 

Variety may be the spice of life, but constancy is the comfort.

What do you like to cook?  Paella is my specialty.  I make a deadly sangria to go with it.  I can make nearly anything though, as long as I've got a recipe, the time, and now, I suppose... the motivation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment