Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Single Girl... In Slow Motion...

Otherwise known as... A Lovely Bit of Procrastination

This afternoon I went to My Ever-Growing School District's Boot Camp, and triumphed.  We did squats, push ups, bicep and tricep curls, and lots of core work in between... as well as running.

With ropes.

In between each set of work assigned by Chad, the instructor described in Back to Boot Camp:  Part 1, we simulated running hills with a rope around our waist being pulled by our partner.

I'm not being sarcastic when I say that the workout was fun!  At one point, Chad watched me running towards the finish line.  Jen, you're running in slow motion!  Why yes, yes I was.

This evening I took a cleansing shower after returning home, then assumed the position to work on my school study paper due Saturday.

I didn't get very far.  Not far at all.  The latest episode of Call the Midwife was calling my name.  This particular episode dealt with abortion, and quite distressing.  Not exactly the distraction I was looking for, but Call the Midwife is my favorite program at the moment.  I love being able to catch quality shows on PBS.org.  

Call the Midwife, a glass of wine, a quiet evening avoiding work.  Sometimes, the procrastinating life is very good.


Author's note:  The author also loves catching up on her posts, after spending a few days on a  lengthy, research paper. 




No comments:

Post a Comment