Otherwise known as...Instant Gratification... Almost
As previously reported in Oh the Places..., I'm moving at the of the month.
If I make it that long.
I might move sooner.
I hate moving.
I hate everything about it:
the packing,
the dust,
the cleaning,
the unsettledness,
the boxes,
the extreme busy-ness of moving.
And, in this case, the worst part-- stairs.
In a few weeks, I'll be settled again. In the meantime, I can cope.
I'm good at coping.
Not long ago, a friend told me about the My Ever-Growing County Yard Sale page on Facebook, as a way to redistribute some furniture I'm ready to let go of. Time for a fresh start. I posted a few things on Monday, and two pieces were picked up and paid for today. I posted a few more things, and have more takers. I don't normally let Facebook keep running on my computer, but I have definitely enjoyed all the pings I've been getting as people inquire about the goods.
It's a little bit like crack cocaine.
Errrr, except I've never done crack, but I have to say this buying and selling thing is addictive. If my dad were still here, he would be ALL OVER IT!!! He dabbled in the buying and selling of what he called antiques and the rest of us called junk. (There were nice things here and there, like a collection of pink glass that he amassed for my sister and I, and the tea cart I have in my living room, but everything else... not so much.)
Today I was setting up a meeting with a woman who has purchased my sunflower placemats, and I told her This feels like a drug deal! Except I've never participated in a drug deal. But this has that feel!!!
Jen, I know exactly what you mean!
I'm glad she understood my sense of humor.
In time, this too shall pass. I'm looking forward to quality time with my new roommate, and before long it will be time to strike back out on my own again. Tomorrow I'll post a couple more things on the Yard Sale Page, and listen to the lovely pinging again. Instant gratification.
No comments:
Post a Comment