Otherwise known as... Letting go and letting it grow...
So..... yesterday evening, as I prepared to meet two different groups of people who would take two very different bookcases, I had the radio on my favorite station.
90.7-- NPR, of course. That's how I roll.
I listened to a reporter discussing the pathology of psychopaths. It was highly interesting-- and not recommended listening for a Single Girl about to open her home to strangers for the procurement of furniture. Last night, at the appropriate time for sleeping, I attempted to visit the Land of Nod.
It took a while. A long while.
NPR and its psychopaths... Arrrgghhh. That, coupled with recent news out of Ohio presents the Single Girl with a recipe for insomnia.
Mind you, not complete insomnia, only partial.
That said, 5:30 is a painful part of the morning when one has fallen asleep after midnight.
C'est la vie.
Today was the last day of boot camp. The last day is my favorite day, when we measure what we did five weeks before, with what we can do now. Spring is always a hard time for me, because of everything we have to do at work, but due to the move, I've not been working late. Once I get home, however, there is much to do. I missed camp today, and I let myself down just a little bit. I did however, get my hair cut, and came home and packed a bit more, as well as put more things up for sale on the My Ever Growing County Yard Sale page on Facebook.
I enjoy the exchange, but it feels a little bit like I'm selling pieces of me. These bits of furniture and whatnots have been in my life for five years or more (usually more), and I've grown accustomed to their presence in my life.
Now they're gone. And if they're not yet gone, they'll soon be leaving. It makes my heart sad a little bit, but this process is necessary. After all, they're just things.
Nothing I acquired in Japan is leaving me, nor things that matter most-- the Le Creuset collection, glassware picked up in Canada, the antique wooden bed I inherited when I bought what used to be my 100 year-old house in My Small Town, the pink glass collection or anything that I received after my grandmother passed two years ago. (I still can't believe it's been two years. She was a phenomenal woman.)
Today I went to see Rosemary, my splendid hair stylist, whom I've been seeing for over twenty years and knows pretty much everything about me (yet she still loves me-- as I do her..). I told Rosemary that I planned to grow my hair out again. I really like the pictures where it's kind of bouncing off my shoulders. That's right Jen-- let go and let it grow!
What an awesome sentiment. Just what I intend to do... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment