Otherwise known as... Writing a New Story...
Tonight's phone conversation with GDA ended like this:
Baby, you can't always be right. That's why I'm the Man. (We had been having a brief discussion about grammar-- I had initially said a response should be Me too but it should've been Me neither.)
That's totally going in the blog.
Our communication with each other has often times reverted to, I'm the Man, and... or, I'm the Woman, so...
I know... it sounds a bit sappy... but it works for us.
I just love that word... us.
I spent the weekend with GDA, continuing to make up for the lost time while he was in Argentina over the holidays. Making up for lost time is just... lovely. (Don't be jealous; I had to go without my Love during the most difficult period of my life... not to mention that he was away for three whole weeks!!!)
Friday night we went to salsa class. I had driven to GDA's after getting clean and lovely after work. We had indulged in 95 cent empanadas (chicken for GDA, spinach for me) from the Publix deli for dinner. Who knew such a bargain was to be had? After the empanadas, we left for class. When I walked inside, I checked in, and took my seat next to a girl who shares my mother's name. We talked about her name, and my mom, and made small talk for a few minutes. After a bit, I saw GDA walk in, who had paused to catch up with some friends before coming into the studio. I gestured towards him. The guy in the red shirt is my boyfriend.
Oh-- you know GDA? GDA walked over and the three of us talked.... then Remon came in and joined our chummy little group. A song came on and I looked at GDA. I'm gonna dance with Remon.
Then I guess I'm gonna dance with Antonia.
I love dancing with GDA... but he's a lot better than me and I feel self-conscious. Remon and I are on the same level... dancing with him is comfortable... if not as sexy. And that's okay. So... we danced, we took class, and then we danced some more. Remon and I danced to two songs after class, and then I danced with GDA. He tried some moves with me that I hadn't done before. OMG, Jen... you're following!!!
I am getting better. One lesson at a time.
On Saturday I told Mom about my experience at class. Jen, doesn't it bother you watching GDA dance with other girls?
No, Mom. If he wanted to be with them he wouldn't have found me.
Prophetic words, if I do say so myself.
Saturday Mom and I went to Pei Wei for lunch followed by We Bought a Zoo. I like 95% of Cameron Crowe's movies. This movie falls into that 95% pretty easily. The only complaint that I would make is that the dialogue tended to err on the side of sap and wasn't very realistic. But then... what movie is realistic? That why it's a movie-- it's a temporary escape from life as we know it.
The music was awesome and the little girl who played Matt Damon's daughter was adorable. Mom and I also went to Pier 1 and a couple other stores. It was a great mother-daughter afternoon outing.
After the movie I brought Mom home and drove back to GDA's. We had plans to go out with an old friend of his and his girlfriend. Or at least, I thought she was his girlfriend.
Long story short... I introduced GDA to the Greek restaurant featured in the Groupon That Wasn't after failing to secure tables at both Cafe Tu Tu Tango and Seasons 52 (someone rented out the whole entire restaurant!!!)
After our delectable meal, GDA and I went to Ceviche to meet up with his friend and his friend's woman. The four of us watched the flamenco show. Red and I got to know each other and the boys caught up on each other's lives. Red had lived on Okinawa while she was in the Air Force. She and DR-Guy had dated, but now they were just friends... although she wished they were more.
That used to be the story of my life.
GDA and I are now writing a new story. This one is infinitely better.
No comments:
Post a Comment