Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Going Public

Otherwise known as... The Aiko-chan Death Stare...

Tonight was a special night for My Small Town High School's AVID kids.  We had a fund-raiser at Pizza Hut where a certain percentage of the bill was donated to our AVID program.  I had forgotten about the fundraiser and invited GDA to come over for dinner tonight.  Last night when we were finalizing our plans, I told him that I wouldn't be cooking after all... that dinner would be at Pizza Hut.  OK.  No problem.

I knew we might see students.

I knew we might see parents.

I knew we might see some of my teacher-friends.

We saw all three.  Or rather, they saw us. 

When we got there, I secured a parking spot very close to the door.  Rock star parking!

Yes, Baby.

GDA grinned from ear to ear as he exclaimed to my mom, She taught me that!!!  It's the little things, you know?

The three of us shared a thin crust pizza and then drove across the street to our local Dairy Queen for some after dinner sweetness.  Mom, GDA, and I devoured our desserts, played Farkle (I won!), and watched the end of Criminal Minds.

It was a nice, low-key evening.  While GDA and I were on the couch, Aiko-chan's eyes did not waiver from staring intently at GDA.  GDA, look at her.

I know, she is jealous.  My cat isn't used to sharing me.  I don't know if my public is, either.

Both will have to get used to it. 

2 comments: