Otherwise known as... Not Saying TOO Much
Today was a really good day.
I could tell you how I had an amazing brunch (partially sponsored by Groupon) at Ceviche with GDA.
I could tell you how I watched Romeo and Juliet at the Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, enjoying the gorgeous set, detailed costumes, and rich Shakespearean dialogue (albeit incredibly depressing-- hence the description of tragedy is applied to this play).
I could tell you about grocery shopping with GDA at my local Publix.
I could, and it would be good, but right now Oprah is talking to George Lucas. My dad was a huge Star Wars fan. There's a talking Darth Vader in the middle bedroom at my parents' house. (Breathing) Use the force, Luke. (Breathing)
Dad would have enjoyed this interview very much. Watching Oprah and George Lucas makes me miss Dad, but I'm remembering happy times and so my heart is simultaneously hurting and feeling tremendous love.
GDA is sitting here with me on the couch. He told me today, Every day we spend together I like you even more.
This is something special.
Even though I'm struggling with magnanimous grief that makes everything so much harder than it was exactly one month ago today... GDA has been... incredibly wonderful in every way.
There's a lot more that I could say. But I won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment