Monday, January 16, 2012

The Man

Otherwise known as... A Bit of Mush in the Loveliest Way

Last night GDA and I spent time trying to get to sleep and simultaneously trading smooches after watching the entire Golden Globes telecast, complimented by YouTube clips of Glee performances during commercial breaks.  (GDA had never seen Glee, because it conflicts with his salsa training team rehearsals.  He is now a believer.)  Okay... I'm the Man, and I'm telling you it's time we got to sleep.

Yes Baby, you're the man.

I can sense a theme developing in the relationship, and I'm more than good with that.  I had read last night's post aloud to GDA prior to posting for the world to read and be amused by, and he laughed when I got to the part where he said he was the man, and we needed to get to breakfast. 

This morning when we woke up, he said, Jen, I want to be the first one each day to tell you that you look beautiful, because I know when you go to work many people are telling you you look beautiful and I don't want you to think, "GDA didn't tell me that!"

Oh my.  If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. 

Last night during the Golden Globes, GDA was drinking coffee, while I sipped hot tea.  Because we are still recovering from our three week separation while he was abroad for the holidays, we continue to act like love-smitten teenagers.  You-- kiss-- taste-- kiss-- like-- kiss-- coffee... kiss... mmmmm.

I'm gonna drink some more!  He enthusiastically picked up his cup and brought it to his lips while I giggled.  I know... venturing off into the Land of Mush... but it's true! 

It is so good to have a reason to laugh again.  My heart will never be the same after losing my dear dad, but GDA is seamlessly bringing light into my life. 

He's doing a really good job.  GDA is coming over after work this evening.  Both he and my mother have been somewhat under the weather in recent days; my chicken soup will hopefully remedy my two Sweets.

And then maybe after dinner I will ask GDA to take the garbage to the curb.  After all, he is... the Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment