Monday, April 22, 2013

New Shoes



Otherwise known as... Yes, I Know I Have Homework...

The problem with writing is that it just makes me want to write more.  Up until yesterday, I hadn't written a post for Single in ten days.   I know it sounds like an excuse, but I really am busy.  There is always something else that could be done-- of true importance--  other than what I am actually doing at the moment.  I called Mom on my way out of My Small Town after work today, and she told me it was clear that I was bored yesterday because I wrote not one, but two, posts.

I was not bored.

I am making a conscious decision to work on grad school class assignments Saturday through Thursday, leaving Friday and Sunday for play time.  It's late April.  I haven't allowed myself very much play since mid-January. 

Yesterday I wrote two blog posts for Single, I watched the Real Housewives (hooray for the splendor of escaping trash), and enjoyed two hours of Masterpiece Theater in the form of Mr. Selfridge.  I also had a teeny bit of alcohol. 

Sunday was a great success in terms of balance. 

Today, I left work knowing that I was heading to my favorite shoe store because I had a coupon that was due to expire in five days.  It's only Monday, and it felt like the right day to treat myself.

After all, I needed new black shoes.

I found so much more than new black shoes.

I'm kind of known in my building at My Small Town High School for having an affinity for cute shoes.  Shoes are fun.  Most colleagues think I'm serious and a bit of a prude (even though I'm not, it's my public persona...) but the shoes give a hint of someone a bit more... fun.

I like that.

So when I saw a pair of polka-dotted sandals with a two-inch red heel, I knew I had hit the mother-lode. 

Everyone needs a pair of new shoes that are adorable, and stylish, and give a hint of something more than meets the eye. 

The problem with writing for fun is that it just makes me want to write more, and in the immortal words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that!  (At least, Jen Single ain't got time fo' that!) 

Even if I wish I did.

In the meantime, I'm going to find a reason to take my new shoes and their red heels out for a spin tomorrow.   And I'll get started on my assigned reading, right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment