Sunday, April 21, 2013

Laptop Bliss...

Otherwise known as... The BEST Kind of Vegging Out...

As I've said before, being employed full-time, as an exceptional school counselor, and spending the whole of each Saturday at Stetson's campus in The Stepford Community of My Ever-Growing County, and juggling boot camp and school assignments in between, presents... a scheduling challenge.

I can do it.

I can do almost... anything...  (I AM Jen-Single, after all!)

In January, I tremendously enjoyed the time I spent catching up on Downton Abbey Season Three the day after the rest of the world watched it on PBS.  I caught the show online.   I don't own a television... my laptop suffices as the evening's entertainment, when I have time for entertainment.  I watch Once Upon a Time via HuluPlus, and, as previously stated, Downton Abbey.  Except D.A. has been finished for some time.  How can such a good show have less than ten episodes in a season?

I had been wanting to see if Mr. Selfridge lived up to the Downton Abbey image, and after watching Episode One this evening, I have to say, it is good.  Although Mr. Selfridge is a bit of a scoundrel... as I expected.

What man of power isn't?

Tonight I am enjoying my exceptionally clean apartment (my landlord is showing the unit each Saturday while I am at school, and I can't have strangers walking in seeing the chaos of dirty dishes and cat hair!), catching up on Masterpiece Theater, enjoying time not relegated to the demands of academia.

 It's been a splendid evening, in my quiet place, made even more quieter by the fact that Aiko-chan has gone to stay with my mom until I move in.  As written earlier today in Oh the Places..., Aiko and I are moving in with Mom in a symbiotic, cool way.  Because my landlord started showing the unit on Saturday, I took Aiko to Mom's on Thursday.  I didn't want her to be stressed out by strangers in her crib.  Plus, she knows Mom and is cool with Mom, and I thought the two of them would be good for each other during the next five weeks, which is how long it will take for me to move for good.

Have I told readers how much I hate moving?

I am also aware that I have more than burned up my social capital during previous moves.  This move will be handled by professionals.  I also plan to sell as many pieces of furniture as possible.  My bed, the spare bed, the super-killer Pier One pub table, the love seat, the chair and matching ottoman, the dresser and matching end table, the china cabinet, and two bookcases... are all (hopefully) going the way of My Small County Yard Sale, on Facebook.  I haven't posted their pics yet, but they are in the works.  I've got all kinds of gardening paraphernalia too... just waiting for the right folks to enjoy.

Moving is a major pain.  Especially when one doesn't have time to move.

Ah well... no pain, no gain.  The move will be worth it in the end. 

That is the point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment