Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Payback for the Harlem Shake

Otherwise known as... Karma is an Unfit Word for a G-Rated Blog

This weekend I was teasing my buddy at Stetson, MTM, because I received one point higher than him in the first class we took.  I only teased him because I knew the point meant more to him than it did to me.  I poked him every few minutes and whispered, Harlem Shake, to let him know that I was dancing on the inside.

MTM smiled through his pain, You will fall from your ivory tower soon enough.

He could not have been more prophetic.

How the mighty have fallen.

Karma has paid me back for the teasing one hundred fold.  My voice cracks.  I sneeze at least every five minutes-- with unspeakable bits of nastiness flying out of my nostrils.  My head feels foggy and dense.  Despite the fact that I keep soothing myself with the most delicious homemade soup each night... it's been three days and... I keep... getting... a little bit... worse.

Karma is... a word that must not be spoken on this G-rated blog.

I deserve it.

Although, I am ready to start feeling better.

Tomorrow is another day... hopefully a less stuffy day.  If not, I will soldier on.  There's too much to do to stay home. 

This evening I've given myself a reprieve from work and school with a Once Upon a Time marathon--  three episodes of twisted fairy tale bliss.  It's been nice taking a break and giving my mind a bit of enjoyable fluff, especially since Downton has ended for another nine months.  I don't watch a lot of television, but these two programs have caught my attention of late. 

Everybody needs a break once in a while.  I haven't been sick in about a year, so I was due.  I am thankful my body held out until the Princess was over.  I can't imagine feeling this way and running 13.1 miles. 

Although it's only 8:30 it's time to turn in and hope my body heals itself, just a little bit, overnight.  I may not be running a half marathon tomorrow, but my work requires a great deal of energy and enthusiasm, so that we can all cross the finish line, together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment