Otherwise known as... A Big Step Indeed...
This morning was no different from any other morning. I woke up, checked FB, and went about my day. I did not go to Church. I haven't been for some time, and don't want to be one of those Christmas/Easter people.
I didn't even put on a dress.
I did shower, though, which was a plus from yesterday, one of those days in which single folks get to luxuriate in their singleness... in my case, a minor temporary addiction to old West Wing episodes via Netflix.
I really like watching television without commercials.
I especially like watching television without commercials whilst simultaneously enjoying the witty nonstop repartee of the West Wing staff. Hipper and undoubtedly vocally superior to anyone actually found in the White House in real life.
It's nice to dream. It is television, after all.
This morning I went out with my mom, lunching, shopping, frozen coffee concoction drinking, and eventually settling in for a good yarn before she joined friends for dinner. I was invited, but preferred my own company of one this evening. The calm before the storm. My seniors have seven weeks left. It's going to be a busy, rear-end kicking, seven weeks.
And that, my friends, is why I love this job.
When I checked FB this morning, Life is Good posted a picture of Jackie fishing, accompanied by a caption that read something to the effect of... To catch a fish, one must first cast a hook.
Prophetic, no?
That image stayed with me all day. Thus this afternoon, after getting home from the outing with my mom, I found myself subscribing to Match.com.
Goodness help me.
I am casting that proverbial hook... as for the fish... time will tell.
Wish me luck!
Enjoy this experience! I did Match for awhile actually found my guy I'm with now. However; enjoy the experience. You'll get to email/text/chat with a lot of different guys. You'll get to go on fun dates! I once had pizza & beer on a roof top over looking the Plaza (in Kansas City) that has a fabulous Christmas lights display. Enjoy!!! It'll be fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Heidi! I've done Match before but it's been a couple of years and seems like a good time to test the waters. I agree-- dating is fun! I look forward to squeezing in dates between work, school, and running. Plus, it definitely gives me great material for the blog. :-) Congrats on your happy couplehood. :-)
ReplyDelete