Otherwise known as... Underthings, Interrupted...
Today was a great day. Work was devoid of crises of any kind-- a major plus the day before a holiday. After work, I drove to the mall to use a Body Shop voucher I had purchased last night on Living Social. Going to the mall always makes me appreciate many things about my life that I take for granted most of the time.
I have full use of my limbs without any kind of contraption assisting my mobility.
When I go alone, I can walk as fast or as slow as I like.
I have no screaming child making my shopping excursion feel more like drudgery than delight.
I know last weekend I was lamenting not having a child, but going to the mall makes me realize how GOOD I really have it. Perhaps I should go to the mall more often. It might stave the Clock's ticking for a great while more.
I hope. :-)
While at the mall, I felt the siren call of... The Loft.
I love Loft clothes. They're cute and happy-- this time of year, quite spring-y. Loft clothes fit my body just right, and they transition from work to play really well. The Loft Outlet typically claims my clothes budget, because of its proximity to my home and the preferable prices, but this evening I was already at the mall... and spring clothes are so... colorful, feminine, and lovely!
There's so much life to spring.
In Florida, we don't get to experience as much of spring as folks do in other parts of the country. The weather usually goes from sweater weather to shorts weather, with quite a bit of blending in between. A sweater and shorts, for example, on days when my arms might be cold but my legs, not so much. I digress.
I returned home a satisfied customer, having procured three adorable dresses and a new, desperately needed, black cardigan. Our frigid office necessitates daily wearing of cardigans of all colors and styles. While at the mall, I looked for a new black handbag, something else I truly need due to the broken zipper on my current bag, and I found just the one! The price, sadly, was close to $200, and it wasn't on sale. Why must my taste match Ralph Lauren's?
I will keep working with the broken zipper. A bag should hold my money, not take my money.
When I got home this evening, I reheated yet another bowl of chicken soup, and continued my sojourn into retail therapy with a little foray onto the, ahem, Victoria's Secret website. Just basic underthings, mind you! Nothing like a little sprucing up starting with the foundation.
Five minutes into my cyber-sinning a most curious event occurred.
My building's fire alarm went off. A few seconds later, I began smelling smoke. I grabbed my purse and my phone and I walked out, wondering if I should put Aiko-chan into her carrier. My next-door neighbors were already outside. We think it's that unit. He pointed to the unit next to his, and started dialing 911. A few seconds later that person opened his door and smoke billowed out of it. He promptly closed the door. Excuse me, sir? Is everything okay?
He reopened the door. I was cooking beef and it went dry.
I walked downstairs and joined the rest of my neighbors, relieved that the building wasn't on fire. The police came, a fire engine came, and the firemen set up a great big fan to blow out the smoke. I was wearing my basic nightclothes-- a pair of mesh shorts and my all-time favorite t-shirt that is now quite hole-y and tattered, after weekly washing for the past three years, but I love this shirt. It has a television on it and bears the phrase Think outside the box. I have thought about buying a new one a the Life is Good store, but this shirt and I have been through a lot together, and I'm not quite ready to replace it.
Tonight we went through our first fire. Although it was a false alarm, it was the closest I have ever come to actually needing fire department services. Less than fifteen minutes later I was back in my apartment, trying to coax Aiko-chan out of her freaked-out-hiding spot.
Tonight marks the start of my Spring Break. Spring has indeed, sprung.
No comments:
Post a Comment