Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine... Solo

Otherwise known as... Snug as a Bug in a Rug...

This past Saturday, as referred to in A Tale of Two Papers Part 1 and 2, I completed the first of 11 courses which will lead to my Specialist's Degree in Educational Leadership.  I turned in my papers, gave an impromptu presentation about the topic of my field experience, and enjoyed the dialogue of my fellow students.

As always.

This week I begin my next class, School Law.  I have just read the syllabus and must read an article, a court case, and "scan" (really, scan?) a few others prior to class on Saturday so that I can be ready to engage.  Reading legal jargon makes me miss my favorite defense attorney, especially when I imagine the conversation spawned by my taking School Law.  Sigh.

Things are better this way.

Why is it that so often doing the right thing means doing the hard thing?

This week I worked 44 hours in four days.  (As well as a couple of hours over the weekend.)  Tomorrow we celebrate a local holiday; schools will be closed.  Thank goodness.

Tonight the weather gods have blessed Central Florida singles with the perfect conditions for flannel pajamas and a good cup of hot tea on this Valentine's evening.  I may not have someone to smooch on... but I am feeling good.   


No comments:

Post a Comment