Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Tale of Two Papers Part 1

Otherwise known as... Is It Time for the Superbowl Yet?

This morning I awoke with a mission.  The mission, which I chose to accept, was to complete my final two papers for my first Educational Leadership class, by noon.  NOON!  I could do it!  I'm Jen Single!

This is the order of this morning's events:

5:00 a.m.  Wake up to the purring of dear Aiko-chan.  Brain far more alert than ever is at 5 a.m. during the week.  Not happy, and yet, eager to get a start on the completion of... The Papers.

5:50 a.m.  After reading the the news via my NPR app, I rise, make coffee, and two slices of toast spread with Nutella.  Must be fortified for best academic ability!

6:30 a.m.  Begin working in earnest on what should be the simplest task, a summary of a group of inventories ranging from personality style to decision making. Didn't I analyze myself enough when I became a counselor???  I should be exempt from this assignment!!!  Hrrrrmmmppphhh.

10:30 a.m.  Discover I am a closet introvert who has trouble maintaining personal relationships.  Oh dear.  I demand a do-over!  (You'd think being single for 38 years would have given me a clue...)

11:00.  In the spirit of Tolkien, make second breakfast, polenta with two poached eggs.  Dreaming of mimosas, soldiering on...

12:00.  Shower and dress.  Need to step away and get perspective.  Start writing blog as a distraction.  Okay, okay, you got me.  As a healthy bit of procrastination.  As if I haven't procrastinated enough for four weeks.

12:36.  Starting second paper.  Will feel fresh to summarize what I have learned from taking six different inventories once I've focused on the topic of with Emotional Behavioral Disorder.  There's always a bright side...   

 1:07.  Ummm.. didn't actually start second paper.  Entertained myself by watching Charlie Murphy (Eddie's brother) on YouTube.  Hitting new lows in methods to do anything but what I should be doing.

Stay tuned for Part 2.  Must get focused so I can reward myself by attending my favorite football fans' Superbowl party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment