Monday, February 4, 2013

A Tale of Two Papers Part 2

Otherwise known as... More than the Commercials

At work today I had a lot of folks asking me how I fared in my Two Paper on Superbowl Sunday Commitment.

Hmmmm... the easy answer is to say that I was a tad overambitious... (Hello?  I'm Jen Single!  That's my nature!)  However, I was successful in completing two meaty rough drafts, punctuated by multiple checks of the blog's statistics as well as Facebook comments.

Hey, I was not quite in misery, but I definitely needed company.  (Aiko-chan doesn't count!)

I finished my task around five, made a beer run for the sake of not showing up to a party empty-handed, and spent the rest of the evening in Superbowl bliss.  I watched the game as well as the commercials (still a bit wrecked by the GoDaddy kissing spectacle... uggghhh, really?  Mal apropos!!!!), ate delicious chili, and indulged in a popper dip whose recipe I will go to the ends of the earth to replicate.  The multigrain corn chips cancelled out all the fat.  Really.

The best part was hanging out with good friends who really know their football.  The Other Jen could even tell me the players' hobbies.  She's that serious.  Her boyfriend was just as knowledgeable, and I will say very patient with his guest's nubile football game watching abilities.

As for me, I was merely enjoying my first bit of social interaction (I don't count grad school) all weekend.   I had no big papers hanging over my head, delighted by delicious noshing, and athletic men in tight pants.  What could be better?  The halftime show was hot, the hits were hard and fast, and in the end the game could have gone either way.   I have to admit I did ask at one point if a reception was an interception because I hadn't seen who threw the pass.  Major party foul... but in general I followed along.  Because the Other Jen lives about 45 minutes away from me, and I turn into a pumpkin after 10 on a school night, I was unable to see the entire game, but still, a great evening was had by all.  I took my leave from the party establishment around 9, drove home, and promptly donned my pjs and collapsed into bed.

Yesterday was an exhausting day.  I wouldn't change a second for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment