Otherwise known as... Being Amazing :-)
I spent today with my fellow Ed. Leadership comrades on the Stetson @ Celebration campus, as I have every Saturday for seven weeks. We are now well-schooled on the 1st Amendment Religion Clauses, as well as the partially schooled on the 4th Amendment, which deals with privacy rights. We studied various cases dealing with search and seizure in the public schools. The material is very, very interesting... and we were promised more lecture on the subject next week.
At the close of the lesson we played a version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Professor gave us a worksheet with the various monetary amounts leading up to a million, and told us that there were two ways to win-- with the most consecutive correct answers, or with the most money from correct answers. I answered every question correctly... until $500,000, which was the next to last question. I had been on a streak, and had already been chosen as winner of the most consecutive correct answer track. I got that one wrong.
Jennifer, you just proved you're human.
True.
At the close of class I shared with the group about running the Princess Half Marathon tomorrow morning, and told them I would gladly accept positive thoughts in the morning. One student took a cue from the day's material, I'll have a moment of silence for you.
***
After class I walked over to the sandwich shop, picked up a bit of take-out for dinner as well as breakfast, strolled back to my car. Fifteen minutes later I found myself at the Disney hotel I'm resting my head tonight before getting up at 3:15 for the race. Soooooooo early. I checked in and had pleasant conversation with the clerk. She asked me if I was in the Princess and we had short conversation about the race. Then she pulled out a button and starting writing. What are you writing?
The clerk flipped the button around to show me: I'm celebrating being amazing. I love it.
I am amazing. Tomorrow I'll be sharing the road with a few thousand other amazing people, running for all kinds of reasons. I'm nervous, but super-excited. Let's do this!
To be continued... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment