Otherwise known as... A Case of Funky Stomach on a Sunny Saturday
This morning started out perfectly. I woke up, downed half a bottle of chilled water, donned running gear, and literally ran out the door. The time was 8:00-- a bit late for starting a run in early September in central Florida, but I was committed. Jennifer Lopez's Let's Get Loud played in my ears, and I was raring to go. And go I did.
The sun was too bright. The heat too... you get the idea. I had to stop once and walk for about a minute, but I started up again and finished... I wouldn't say strong but I wouldn't say weak, either. I just finished the three miles I set out to do. And that's okay.
After stretching and refreshing with more water, I took my customary post-workout cold shower, and dressed for the day. My mom had left a whole package of fresh raspberries in the fridge as a breakfast treat.
There are perks to sharing my apartment with my thoughtful mother until her home is once again inhabitable. Groceries are a sizable part of those perks.
I washed the berries and ate them with gusto, utilizing one of my tiny Mikimoto forks that make a casual meal something grand and wonderful. Really. It's just a fork. But it's so small! And made by Mikimoto! (Yonchan, my Japanese mother, gifted me a set of five for Christmas a few years ago.) I still keep them in the box, and after I've washed and dried the fork, the utensil returns to its silk-lined home.
Embracing the little things is truly what makes ordinary daily living, extraordinary, don't you think?
Anyway, a couple of hours later I steamed some organic broccoli and roasted the last of the blue potatoes I had gotten BOGO at Publix last week for lunch.
The day has been full of healthy, good food, which would normally be fantastic. Except for one thing: I've had this strange tinny taste in my mouth that I can't shake ever since lunch. I roasted the potatoes on a foil-lined cookie sheet, which might account for the metallic taste. I'm wondering if I accidentally ingested a bit of aluminum foil and what that might do to my body, besides give me a funky taste in my mouth and an odd-feeling stomach.
So... I figure it's either that, or I unwittingly swallowed a bad berry, which is also possible. One never knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment