Otherwise known as... The Shortest, Longest Monday EVER...
This afternoon My Small Town High School had its second Guidance Advisory Council meeting. The first one had been back in May, when life was hectic but somehow seemed simpler.
It wasn't really, it just seemed that way!
We talked about goals for the year in our school counseling program, and examined the data elements supporting those goals. We sat in a circle, on couches and comfy chairs in My Small Town High School's gorgeous media center, and discussed affecting change, and how our department is instrumental in that change.
In my world, it was the best ninety minutes of my day. Maybe even my week... at least in my professional life. (Who am I kidding? Probably in my personal life too... but I have BIG plans for the weekend!)
When I climbed back into my car, at 7:00 p.m., twelve hours after arriving at My Small Town High School-- four and a half hours after my contract time ended-- to drive home to my apartment just barely in the Biggish City Near My Small Town, classic REM was playing. I am I am I am Superman, and I can do anything...
Well, maybe not quite anything, but I can co-chair a council, and I can disaggregate data, and I can speak intelligently about the good work that our department does at My Small Town High School. And for tonight, that's good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment