Otherwise known as... A Sucker for Agent Coulsen
I spent Friday night among the beautiful people at the uber-trendy Dragonfly Friday night with my favorite real-life superhero, Joe. I should say sugoi trendy, it is a Japanese izakaya, after all! We didn't have a reservation, because we had been attempting to experience an outdoor picnic/movie at Leu Gardens. The rainy season in Florida continues well into September, and I had told Joe to be prepared for an alternative plan. It did rain Friday, and I ended up working late anyway, so we went ahead with Plan B, although as previously stated, we were devoid of a reservation.
Not to fear, as there was plenty of seating available at the sushi bar. The hostess actually led us to a dark corner of the sushi bar (if you can imagine such a place!) and we had a great time. The chef even sent over an amuse bouche of heirloom tomato-cucumber gazpacho. (Thank-you, Top Chef, for teaching me hip French foodie terms like amuse bouche!) Yummmmmmm.... Of course, Joe picked his way through the single spoonful with chopsticks. I don't like cucumbers, Jen. Yeah. I know. He's funny about textures. Joe and I dated for six months a couple of years ago and we have remained friends ever since; I know his idiosyncrasies.
Anyway, Friday night was a good night out with one of my favorite people. I spent quite a bit of yesterday putting off doing the work I had brought home. Part of my exercise in procrastination included watching Captain America. I had missed the movie while it was in the theater. I love a good superhero flick. They usually don't require a lot of brainpower, and they are usually well done, providing a nice balance between impressive physiques, action, explosions, and a little romantic storyline thrown in for the ladies. This evening I continued the theme with Thor. (Both films are conveniently available on Instant Viewing with Netflix for your procrastination needs as well!)
In watching the superhero movies I discovered something I hadn't previously known about myself. I have a little crush on Agent Coulsen. Maybe it's because he's the first sent in to check abnormal activity, or he's always in a suit, or maybe because in real life he's married to someone named Jennifer. (None other than Jennifer Grey!) I don't know what it is, but I know that in the scenes he shared with Thor, I was watching Coulsen.
Weird, huh. This most recent discovery only confirms what I have known for a while. I am a nerd, which is a label I wear proudly. I might not have a problem with food textures, but we all have our own quirks and idiosyncrasies, which I believe should be celebrated.
Note: The author did some of the work she brought home. This past week she put in long hours every day-- there's just so much to do! There are limits, though, and this weekend she reached hers. And that's okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment