Otherwise known as,.. Getting Just a Little Bit Wet Isn't the Worst Thing in the World...
After the loveliest, most relaxing Sunday morning we could have, GDA and I decided to make use of our annual passes to Universal. The weather was positively gorgeous... it would be a shame to spend the day indoors. We were only going to attempt a few rides, and spend a few hours at the park, and then go home. Which is essentially, what we did.
Our day out started at Pei Wei, where I have a "passport", which means that every couple of months they send me an email and I jump through a couple of minor cyber-hoops to get my "stamp". This ultimately means that I'll be awarded a buy-one-get-one coupon after completing my tasks. I had gotten the BOGO coupon earlier this week, and today was a good day to use it. I love Pei Wei. It's good, it's fast, it allows me to increase my coolness quotient by using chopsticks in public. Today I actually saw a woman look at me sideways and I thought, Why is she looking at me that way??? Then it dawned on me.
Ohhhhhhhh... the chopsticks. There is no good reason that a small town girl like me should have the ability to use chopsticks as well as she uses traditional European dining instruments.
And yet I can. And do.
But, I digress.
This is a story about GDA, my Great Dancing Argentinian-American boyfriend, giving me a bold-face lie straight to my face. Everybody meets him, and loves him (one of my girlfriends actually said me, Jen, what's not to love!) and he tells jokes and seems all innocent.
But I know the truth.
Today we had a plan to go on the Jurassic Park river ride, followed by my beloved Harry Potter, and then see where the day would take us. The river ride wasn't supposed to get us wet.
That's what GDA said, anyway. Just a little bit, Baby. Don't worry! Deep down, I knew the truth. It's a water ride. At Universal. I wasn't dressed to get wet. I was in my favorite coral sleeveless blouse, a pair of shorts, and leather flip flops. From now on, when I pack to spend Saturday evenings at GDA's, I'll be sure to include an alternate outfit.
At least my hair was in a ponytail. How bad could the water make it?
Once we got in the boat, it wasn't long before dinosaurs were spraying water upon the hapless tourists. And us. GDA looked at me, Are you okay?
Seriously? You're asking me now? Let's just enjoy the ride, baby.
Inside, I have to admit, I was simmering a little bit. But then I had a thought... Okay, you can be a brat about this, and turn your nice afternoon out into a miserable date with an awful woman... or you can be the fun-loving girl that can take a little water.
I chose to be a good sport. (Really, it was the only choice I could make. I am not about drama and being a pain in the rear!) Then we started on a step incline. Creep. Creep. Creeeeeeeeeeeep. Don't worry, baby, we're just going to the next level. The drop isn't until the end.
Like that will make me feel better?
Eventually, the drop did come. I put my hands on the seat in front of me, scrunched my eyes closed, and waited for the drop to end. Eventually, it did. And I was soaked.
Okay... just a little bit. Enough.
When I finally made it into a washroom after the ride my hair was in a funky swirl upon the top of my head. I took it out of the ponytail holder, brushed it through, and refastened the ponytail. The back of my hair was spared the brunt of the water.... and I looked at least halfway decent.
Besides, how many folks do you see that are dressed to the nines at a theme park, for goodness sake?!
Plus, there was no way GDA could complain about my appearance. He was the cause of it!
The rest of the afternoon was spent in the land of Harry Potter, where we were able to walk onto the Harry Potter ride. It was intense, to say the least, but a great ride! All in all, it was a great way to spend a fantastic spring afternoon with my sweet.... even if I got wet in the process.
Note: The author originally wrote the following post in
mid-April, but failed to give it a closing and publish the piece. She
is pleased to have rectified the situation and told the truth about the evil side of GDA!
No comments:
Post a Comment