Otherwise known as... Onward... with Courage...
Dear Readers,
Single Girl in a Small Town is about to hit 20,000 pageviews. It has largely been read by my friends on Facebook here in the U.S., but also all over the world-- Guam, Japan, Canada, U.K., and Russia, among other places.
Single Girl has given me an opportunity to sharpen my writing skills, as well as share my adventures navigating singlehood. Through writing, I have achieved a greater perspective of life events. The coming-- and ultimately going-- of boyfriends, good dates, bad dates, great vacations, and running triumphs have all been chronicled in Single. The blog helped me process my grief when my father passed, and has allowed my spirit to shine through even in difficult periods of life.
In this single girl's world, optimism rules. In a few days I will turn thirty-nine years old. It feels like the time is right to end this blogging chapter and start a new one. Inspired by a technology training I took a few days ago, I am beginning a new blog on Wordpress called SchoolCounselorGrl, which will involve the sharing of best practices in the school counseling profession, particularly the incorporation of technology to streamline processes and increase communication with our students in the realm of college and career readiness.
I know, not nearly as juicy as Single Girl in a Small Town, but much more professional. I am a year away from completing my specialist's degree in Curriculum and Instruction at Stetson University. Many good things are happening in my life, personally and professionally. And so, it is not with sorrow, but with great purpose that I sign off this final time.
Thank-you for reading Single Girl in a Small Town. Watching those numbers rise has mattered to me more than you know. You have encouraged me, and supported me, and cheered me on when I needed it most.
Love,
Jen
Post Script-- March 2016
Just as 2 1/2 years ago it felt like the right time to stop writing, now feels like the right time to start. I never did get the professional blog truly off the ground. As much as I love my profession, writing about life feels much more fulfilling than writing about work. At least for now. And so, read on! And thank-you for your positive thoughts and encouragement in this process. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment