Otherwise known as... Blissful Confusion...
October is my birthday month. For this reason, and so much more... I love October.
I live in Florida. October is the first month after May when the days stop being oppressively hot. Hair gets a bit less frizzy, sweaters become more than just a fashion accessory... but still a bit less than necessary.
Today is a day of birthdays, and in my world, marks the beginning of birthday week. My dear friend Meegan was born today a week before my own birth. Two special cousins, Michael and Chris, were born today as well.
Two of my friends give birth today... both babies are tiny, and pink, and gorgeous. The cycle of life continues.
As for me, in my splendid single world, I had an amazing, fun day with an ex-boyfriend on Saturday. We had lunch at my all-time favorite restaurant, The Ravenous Pig. We took a boat tour of the chi-chi homes in Winter Park, followed by refreshment at Blu, and takeout from the place we used to get takeout from when we were dating. We spent the day enthralled in conversation about everything from politics to entertainment.
Amazing days with ex-boyfriends spent in amazing conversation are very confusing.
I suppose, they should be.
That is my current struggle. There is always a struggle.
I spent the beginning of the week working 26 hours in two days. Today was a normal school day, followed by a flu shot (which I hope will prevent me from getting the dreaded flu later on in the year!) and a social for my Ever Growing County School Counselor Organization. Work wise, I got a lot accomplished. Everything else wise... I remain confused.
I suspect that is the way it should be.
Last week I irritated the muscles in my left leg, which are still uncooperative, so I can't even run out my confusion... but I suppose that's okay. I've been trying to be gentle with myself, as I always am, when I'm in a state of flux and my body tells me it has had enough.
In the meantime, I will enjoy birthday week, and the remaining 22 days of birthday month, because October truly is the best thirty-one days of the year. Pumpkins on the porch (and in the stomach). Air a bit cooler, humidity a bit more tolerable (even for Florida), and after the frenetic pace of August and September, an opportunity... to breathe.
Who doesn't love October?
Even in blissful confusion, with an injury that's had me sidelined for the past week, I am loving this fantastic month.
I know... I am biased... But October truly is the best month of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment