Otherwise known as... Vacay a-Go-Go...
Five weeks. Two HUGE papers. Two annotated bibliographies. One persuasive speech. One presentation. Quizzes and copious reading of textbook chapters peppered in between. Not to mention the research of said HUGE papers.
It really doesn't sound like much.
Trust me, it is. Or at least, it was.
Today I completed my sixth class in a quest to obtain my Specialist's degree in Curriculum and Instruction at Stetson University. Six classes down, four to go, in addition to my research study.
Tomorrow morning I'm leaving on a well-deserved vacation... two days visiting family in Tallahassee, two days meeting up with an old friend in old Savannah, quality time with my great-aunt and great-uncle in Daytona Beach... and then... flying out to California, for a week of kayaking, hiking, tree-hugging, and wine tasting while staying in a cabin in the Sierras. Recharge. Refuel. Rejoice.
Can't. Hardly. Wait.
Since starting at Stetson in early January, life has been a balance of work, school, and whatever bits of life I can fit in with the minute amounts of free time available. I attend class every Saturday from 8:30-5:30, as well as Fridays for the past six weeks, since it's summer, with two concurrent classes on my schedule.
For the next two weeks, I am intentionally putting work and school commitments on a shelf. Everyone needs a vacation.
Some of us more than others.
Have a Thought About the Post? I'd like to hear it!
No comments:
Post a Comment