Sunday, June 2, 2013

Multi-Tasking

Otherwise known as... Word... to Your...

So I've had a busy couple of weeks.  I moved from my condo back into my mom's villa.  Moving.  Is.  Crummy.  Word. 

That's really all I have to say about that, but now that I'm settled, life is good!  Yesterday was the third session for the Human Resources class I'm taking at Stetson @ Celebration in my endeavor to earn an Educational Leadership certification and change the M.Ed at the end of my name to an Ed.S.

I am a woman of letters.

Word.

Today my mom and I got our space ready for a most auspicious occasion:  The My Small Town High School's Annual Guidance Retreat.  In my book, it's one of the best days of the year, where our guidance team comes together, looks at what worked (and what didn't) in the past year, and plans out our events for the following school year.  Two years ago, the guidance retreat was my first interaction with our counseling team, outside of my successful interview at My Small Town High School.  It was held at  Nancy B.'s and I relished the the fact that I was now part of a school counseling family.

It was a great feeling.

It still is.

Word.

Tonight I prepared a breakfast strata to accompany the fruit that will be brought in the morning, and made my semi-famous chocolate chip craisin oatmeal bars.  

I've been making them for almost ten years.  They are a part of me, and so... very... delicious.

Tomorrow I'll be taking my turn as the retreat's hostess with the mostest.  We'll examine our program, and move forward into the 2013-2014 school year.   We'll address issues, and brainstorm solutions... but most of all... we'll be here, in this space, away from the crazed hectic life that is being a member of the My Small Town Guidance Department, focused on the future.

A very good thing indeed.

Word. 






Have a Thought About the Post? I'd like to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment