Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rain Day

Otherwise known as... Taking Advantage of Mother Nature

Today I woke up to a rainstorm. 

It rained.

And rained. 

And rained some more.

I love a good rain.  A good rain gives me an excuse to do not much more than be a couch potato and watch movies and do a bit of reading.  Drink tea.  Take naps.

Today was a lovely if not incredibly productive day.  Although I must admit, rather than the usual chick flicks, I found myself watching action movies.  I think this weekend I have seen four such testosterone-rich films, starting with Super 8 on Friday night, which, I have to say, was excellent. (And more sci-fi than action.)

At one point we practiced yesterday's combination for about thirty minutes.  The practice definitely helped me get better.  I do love dancing with GDA.  (But readers are already well aware of that!)

Right now GDA is watching his favorite tv show-- The Walking Dead-- and I am taking refuge in the bedroom.  It's just a bit too intense for me.  After concluding this post I'll do some more reading-- I'm just about done with The Happiness Project-- and turn in for a good night's sleep. 

Today's utter laziness feels quite restorative.  I am ready to face the trials and tribulations of the week ahead, as well as get up one hour earlier tomorrow morning.  

As if getting up at 5:15 wasn't bad enough... I now have to get up at 4:15 masquerading as 5:15 for the next six months.  (I'm sure in a few days I'll find a way to reframe this in a positive way but for now I just feel a little grumpy about it, as I do every year.)  Even though I am a morning person, I dislike being forced to go forward one whole hour each March.  Dislike or not, I will do it, and I am ready after mimicking a popular Irish vegetable on GDA's sofa today. 

Everyone needs the occasional day of rest.  Today I got mine by taking advantage of Mother Nature's gift of inclement weather.  Hope you got yours, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment