Thursday, June 23, 2011

Introductions are in order...

Women my age (mid-thirties, thank-you-very-much!) love to watch "Sex and the City".  The clothes!  The fabulous jobs!  The relationship shenanigans that folks like me can only imagine.... I came to this program about 10 years after everyone else, largely due to it's constant airing on E!, because, to put it simply, I'd been away.  First living abroad, then coming home and doing everything possible to keep television out of my life-- until it became impossible due to life's circumstances. 
 
We'll get to that later. 

My point is that I came to this show a couple of months ago and after being riveted by  Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda's incredible lives I came to a realization.  

Sex and the City is a FANTASY.  

(Again, probably 10 years after everyone else came to this realization but like I said, I was AWAY!)

I'm often entertaining my married friends with tales of my latest adventure in dating, and a couple of weeks ago someone said, "You know, you really should think about a blog." 

A blog?  Hmmmmm.... Could be on to something!  So... here we are.  I'm Jen, and I welcome you to Single Girl in a Small Town.   Throughout these entries, I will be chronicling both old and new adventures of dating and other aspects of life as a single professional living in a small central Florida town. 

These stories are real, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment