Wednesday, March 15, 2017

2017-- The Year of....

Othewise known as...Sometimes It's the Not Knowing that We Need the Most

In January, I had labeled 2016, the year that most people now consider to be the worst year ever, my Year of Love and Magic.  And it was in many ways.  I began and ended a relationship that was loving and magical... just not sustainable.

Sometimes that is the way.  And we move on.

2016 was my year of running, my year of hoping, my year of working more than ever before, with a change in position and an invigoration of passion for my profession.  And yes, it was full of Love.  And Magic.

2016 was also my year of sorrow, and disappointment, and bewilderment.  Such is life.

I embrace all aspects of life.  We must take the good with the bad.  Peaks and valleys.  

In late 2016 I began a new relationship, probably too soon after ending the last one, but I wanted to press on.  And so I did.  And he was great.  And my heart wasn't ready.  And so, recently, it ended.  And I feel a bit like a failure.

And, and, and...

I am not quite sure yet what 2017 will reveal itself to be, but I know that I am good taking some time and having adventures and being okay being a Single Girl in a Small Town.  And a single girl on a road trip.  Spring Break will find me in Tallahassee, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, back in Tallahassee, and then... home again.  I am looking forward to spending time with family, and friends, and taking time with my spirit. 

So perhaps 2017 is my Year of the Unknown.  After many years of trying so hard to live up to expectations, both of others and my own, maybe not putting a label upon this year, and, (gulp) going with the flow, is exactly what I need.  


No comments:

Post a Comment